1) 1/2 big coconut ground in a mixie with 1 tablespoon of curry leaves
2) 25 gms each (or 1 tablespoon) of poppy seeds/coriander seeds /sesame
seeds / water melon seeds
6 cashew nuts/6 almonds/ a tbsp of peanuts
6 red chillies
6 to 8 cloves/peppercorns/green cardamom/2 small sticks cinnamon
dry roast the above ingredients and wet grind.
3) 2 onions and 2 tomatoes (ground to a paste)
2 tablespoons bengal gram flour (also called chickpea flour)
* separately grind the ingredients at 1, 2 and 3.
* if the meat is mutton or beef or pork make a soup of the meat
using ginger/garlic paste, salt, a few cloves and peppercorns.
* if using chicken, prawns or fish or boiled eggs use glass covered
* Prawns and fish should only be added when the whole curry is
ready.(apply garlic, cumin & chilli paste and salt to the fish or prawns).
Taking the appropriate sized vessel put in a generous ampount of oil. Add the coconut paste and fry for about 10 min. Next add all the other ground masalas along with the ginger/garlic paste and meat. Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon red chilli powder. Keep roasting the same on a low flame till the oil begins to float. Add the flour and roast for another five min. Add enough water to make a thick gravy and cook till the meat is done. Taste for salt.
To be served with plain boiled rice ,salad and lime.
Plain boiled rice
wash and soak the required quantity of long grained rice .
Put a large pan of water to boil. Add 1 stick cinnamon, a few cloves,
1 tsp cumin seeds(roasted) / salt and the washed rice. Simmer till done.
Drain the excess water.
1 CUCUMBER, CUBED FINE
1 ONION , CHOPPED FINE
2 TOMATOES , DESEEDED AND CUBED FINE
1 SMALL BUNCH OF CELERY LEAVES, WASHED AND CHOPPED
1 BEETROOT BOILED AND CHOPPED FINE.
1 GREEN CHILLI CHOPPED FINE
1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED CORIANDER LEAVES
2 LEMONS SLICED AND DESEEDED.
WHEN READY TO SERVE MIX ALL THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS
IN A SALAD BOWL AND SERVE WITH THE SLICES OF LEMON.