Thursday

CHICKEN - IN A NUTTY GRAVY
It is true that I browse through many recipe books and therefore pick up tips which remain locked up in my sub-conscious and pop out just when I need them. A couple of days back my husband asked me to make an indian chicken. So this is what I made and it tasted fantastic.
3 chicken breast halves roughly chopped.
2 tablespoon fried onions
10 cashew nuts/10 almonds/ 6 walnut halves
1/2 tub yoghurt
1 tablespoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon home made garam masala
1/2 teaspoon cardamom/nutmeg powder
salt to taste
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
clarified butter
warm the nuts in a microwave for half a minute and run it in a mixie. Next add the fried onion and a bit of cream(or milk)and blend.
To the chicken pieces add the yoghurt, ginger/garlic, chilli flakes and the garam masala and marinate.
In a pan warm the clarified butter and add both the nutty paste as well as marinated chicken. Saute for a few minutes and cover and cook for another five minutes or so. The butter will have floated to the top by then.
This is a rich but healthy gravy if you keep the fat to a minimum and add just a wee bit of water (about a quarter cup) while cooking.
Adding water to your food is very very good as it aids in the digestion process as well as makes the cooked food lighter to eat. I simply cannot do without adding water to whatever I am cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment