Saturday

GRILLED TOMATOES WITH EGGS

this is an original recipe from Rodas-recipes
The other day I had a dinner party at my home and I was racking my brains for something simple to add to the menu at the last minute. I have often grilled tomatoes with their trimmings to make a sauce for pizzas and I decided to go with those ingredients and what I came up with was a simple and immensely enjoyed dish. I thought I'd better jot it down for oftentimes when I leave it for later ... its totally forgotten.
I prepared this in 2 flat dishes. Dice tomatoes about 6 for each dish. Next dice small onions (new ones are just coming in for this year) about 4 to each dish. Either crush or finely chop enough garlic (I love garlic so I tend to use a lot), some green chillies and a lot of coriander leaves. Grease each dish with enough oil and then simply add some more. Divide all the ingredients equally into the two dishes. Add salt, pepper and some sugar and a 1/2 cup of water and place the dishes in the oven to cook. Keep an eye on them and when you find the tomatoes are almost dry drop whole eggs... about 10 to each dish and return the dishes to the oven for the eggs to set. Serve when done. Its ultra delicious and oh so simple to make.

1 comment:

  1. This dish sounds delicious. I am new to your blog and have taken some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really enjoyed the time I spent here and I'll definitely be back.You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete